Thursday, January 31, 2013

7 Quick Takes

Once again joining Jen & co for one of the best link-ups: 7 Quick Takes! Seriously, such a great way to find new blogs and "meet" others!

1.
I keep having dreams about finding out the gender of this new babe. We find out one week from today! I will FOR SURELY be posting the big news here next Friday afternoon. Mostly the dreams revolve around needing to take extraordinary measures to get to the ultrasound. Why? Why must I stress myself out even in sleeping?

2.
I think it may be because finding out the gender will mean two things: we're either going to have three amazing girls; or have two amazing girls and one awesome boy. And see, I am a tad nervous about having a boy. Only because I only have girls! And I had only one sister, so little boys are a smidgen unknown to me. I do have a dear nephew that I love much, so that makes me feel better about if we are having a boy.

3.
Last one about pregnancy, I solemnly swear! Ben told me he is okay with either and not hoping for one or the other. I love that. It makes me feel really blessed.

4.
I love to read. But I've been parched of good books lately. Any suggestions? I've been trying to get into  J.K. Rowling's new book, but I'm having a hard time. I love books that have a lot of female relationships (sisters, mother/daughter) and fantasy fiction. I am very sophisticated. I think the last full book I read was the last book in the Percy Jackson series. Like I said, sophisticated.

5.
I wasn't feeling well Thursday morning and Ben put in a short video as he left for class. When that was over the girls played like angels. It was unreal. Usually I need to break up fights all. day. long. But for the first hours that day, they let me rest. That angel thing ended later in the afternoon, but I was feeling better and able to confiscate Avie's brass knuckles before any real damage was done.

6.
Gwen has been really into telling jokes lately. I think it stems from television (like everything important). So yesterday she says, "I have a hilarious joke! Who eats bears?"
Me: "Who?"
Her: "You have to say, 'I don't know!'"
Me: "I don't know."
Her: (Thinking) "Huge, giant...TOOTHBRUSHES!"
Um, okay.
And also: creepy.

7.
And....A PICTURE!!! YAY!
One of my favs of Gwen.
Speaking of photos, I also participated in the super fun Theme Thursday over at Clan Donaldson.


Over and out. 

4 comments:

  1. I feel you with the boy thing! I am so excited you are going to find out the gender! I know it sounds silly; but I always have to know. Even when it's not my kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am the SAME way about knowing the gender of people's kids! I have always have "my guess" too, if it's a boy/girl. I should take guess the night before. : )

      Delete
  2. Just ventured over from Jen Fulwiler's and had to comment on The Casual Vacancy. I couldn't explain why I didn't like it until a friend mentioned, "everyone in the book is Dursleys"!! No one is likable, apparently Ms. Rowling does not like the non-magical middle class very much! Right now I'm reading The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer and it's really good. The main character is a Hungarian Jewish architecture student during the 1930s/40s. He is a man but written by a woman so the emotional side is fleshed out. I have 3 boys and can't imagine a girl so I understand your trepidation but I'm sure that you'd be great with a boy too so good luck either way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the book recommendation!

      And yeah, everyone IS a Dursley! It's difficult to find even one character to attach to. Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...