Saturday, March 2, 2013

7 Quick Takes

Linking up late with Jen and all for 7 Quick Takes!

1.
I know I've been slacking in the blogging department. We're still sick ladies over here. And because of that, I haven't wanted to blog (and I've been tired). I mean, how many times can I say, "we're sick, ugh, blah, it sucks." I am getting better very slowly. It's pretty annoying. And my sweet girls have been sick since mid-December. Serious! Can't wait till summer. I know it'll be over then. Right?


2. 
On one of the few days we all felt okay, we went somewhere. I actually can't remember where we went, but I have this super adorable picture of Gwen holding Avie's hand as she sleeps.



3.
Ben had all of Friday off (plus Saturday morning off) and I got to see what it would be like for him to actually have days off. I like it. Lately he has school, work or both every day of the week. There are days where I see him for a couple hours in the afternoon and then don't see him (awake) again until the next evening. Tough, my friends. 


4.
This gem was taken a few weeks ago, but it never gets old. She picked those heels out. As Gwen likes to say, "Stylish!"


5.
I don't want to talk too much about being sick, but Gwen did say something funny/sad yesterday. I asked her if she wanted me to get her a couple of Barbies so she could play, and she responded with, "No, I just want to sit around and eat." 


6.
Since we'll be getting our own place soon, I've been making plans. Big plans. I'm thinking about homeschooling the girls next school year. I know! Gwen's in a Montessori preschool 3 half days a week right now (when she isn't sick and can go) and I just don't think we can afford to send her next year. But I don't want her to do nothing. Le sigh. We'll see! I will have a newborn to take care of as well. 


7.
I am already feeling my braxton hicks. I'm 20 weeks! This seems crazy. I don't remember when they started with Avie. But I did go into preterm labor with her at 32 weeks and had contractions from then on, until delivering her  at 40 weeks + 3 days. So that's fun. I can't wait until I am further along so I can try some of Ana's great suggestions for natural induction methods



Go check out the rest of the quick takes! Especially the late goers like me. 

4 comments:

  1. 1- that picture of your girls holding hands melted my heart, for real.

    2- we should start some sort of online pre-school homeschooling encouragement group, i could really use it.

    3- i started to feel braxton hicks pretty intensely around 13 weeks this past pregnancy, which is partly why i went so crazy with the natural inducing, that many weeks of non-stop contacting was driving me crazy so i totally feel you! i will say a prayer that they work for you when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1-Thank you! It was very sweet. Gwen def loved that we were taking a pic of it too. ; )

      2-I would LOVE that!! A homeschooling mom has suggested a program, I will email it to you!

      3-Dude, 13 weeks, that's insane! I felt pretty bad for myself having contractions for 8 weeks near the end of Avie's pregnancy, so we'll see how I fair this time about. And thanks for the prayers!

      Delete
  2. I feel ya on the sickness. It is like we are in a never ending cycle! Gwen holding Avie's hand is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, it's should be called "sick-er" not "winter" I think!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...