Tagged by the lovely Rebekah for 5 things and a Liebster nom! Thank you Rebekah! I super loved reading through your answers, and I may steal some of your clever 5 things.
So 5 things you may not know about me:
1. I share a birthday with Beethoven and Jane Austen, which pretty much makes me awesome by default.
2. Before I was even married, I had a dream my first child would be a girl. And I never doubted it would be and she was. : )
3. When I was in middle school I read books all. the. time. I read during my classes and would get in trouble constantly for it. My mom would make me go to the pool with her and my sister, but she never made me swim and I usually just: read. I read books my little sister brought home and books my mom had. During this time I read several books that really impacted me including: Holes by Louis Sachar and Wringer by Jerry Spinelli.
4. Somewhat related to the previous one, I want to write a fiction novel(s) for middle schoolers/young adults. I have a couple brainstorms/character outlines going. It's really hard to make up people, but it's also really fun!
5. And lastly, inspired by one of Rebekah's answers: after I watched the movie, "The Way" (which was great btw) I now really , really want to walk the Camino de Santiago (the Way of Saint James).
And here are Rebekah's questions and my answers:
1. What is your very first memory, even one people deny you can actually remember? Trying to sleep in the back of our Chevy car while we drove from WA to Disneyland when I was probably 3 years old.
2. What is a talent of yours you feel others underestimate? This is tough! Maybe writing actually. The first time my dad read an essay I wrote for college he didn't believe that I had written it.
3. What fictional character would you like to spend an afternoon with? Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games.
4. Kirk or Picard? I don't know what this means. Haha.
5. What song can you not stop listening to right now? I am loving the newest Coldplay CD. I have it in the car and literally every song (minus the Rhianna one) is worth listening to.
6. What day in your past would you like to relive? Maybe...my wedding day? It was small & special and I remember feeling overwhelmed with love and blessings. It was a great day!!!
7. When you were little, what did you enjoy telling people that you wanted to be when you grew up? When I was very young I wanted to be a "house painter". And after that for most of my childhood and into my teen years I wanted to be an actress. And everybody knew it.
8. What advice would you give yourself as a first time mother? Do not perm your hair while you are 8 months pregnant.
9. What is your most looked forward to moment of the day? When Ben (my husband) gets home. That's probably lame. But he is gone all the time, so I really love it when I get to see him. Sometimes it's noon, sometimes it's 2am, sometimes it's 4:45pm. I will sometimes email him when I really want to talk, but he's not home. We always have so much to tell each other when he gets home and it's a nice time of sharing and listening. The girls also really miss him, so I love when he gets home early enough to see/play with them.
10. Who would play you in a movie about your life? Such a fun question!! I would say Carrie Mulligan just because I love her and think she is brilliant. Or I would want to give an unknown actress an opportunity.
Fun!!! Okay so I am tagging/nominating (Sorry if you don't "know" me and it's creepy that I tagged you):
In addition to telling us 5 unknown things about you, here are your questions from me:
1. If you had to eat one thing or meal all day for a week, what would it be?
2. When you get to go out by yourself (or with a friend/relative), what do you do? Or what would you want to do?
3. Do you find your children have similar temperaments?
4. Sweet or salty?
5. When you are with your husband, who usually drives? What about on longer road trips?
6. What's a "chore" that you secretly (or not so secretly) enjoy doing (I won't tell anyone)?
7. Are you a morning person or night owl?
8. What was the last book you read & was it any good (this is a selfish q, as I need some suggestions)?
9. If you could go on any vacation (expenses paid) with your kids & husband, where would you go? What would you do there?
10. I'm at your house. What would I see?
Okay! So now YOU get to tag/nominate 5 people for this too! Have a merry time!